Electra is closely monitoring the Coronavirus outbreak and implementing proactive measures to prepare as outlined in our business continuity plan. The health and wellness of our clients and employees is our top priority.
Electra updated its BCP plan specifically with respect to pandemics at the beginning of February. As part of that plan, we tested that every employee would be able to work from home. We have made it a basic requirement that all employees have a fully functional environment that can sustain them for an indefinite period of time. We also have two work centers that can cover for one another, if the need arises. We do not expect any effect on operations as the entire staff shares its work queue and can cover for anyone who is out.
Below are five key preventive measures we are taking and recommend for our clients to follow to ensure optimum safety as well as continuity of business operations.
- Review our Business Continuity Plan with employees
- Verify that all employees have documentation on and have tested remote access capabilities; this includes ensuring employees have adequate remote access resources (e.g. Citrix, VPN) for our entire staff
- Encourage employees with cold-like symptoms to stay home and not return to work until they are free of symptoms for 24 hours
- Provide hand sanitizers for each employee’s desk as well as office reception and common areas
- Supply disinfecting wipes to use each day to keep workspaces clean
We also encourage clients to review the CDC’s Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for additional information.