Back-Office Operations Specialist Needed
Position: Reconciliation Operations Specialist
Department: Managed Services
Our Managed Services team is seeking a full-time Reconciliation Operations Specialist to help our global clients with their investment operations processes, specifically reconciliation and data aggregation. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team focused on improving the operations of investment management firms and hedge funds around the world, further develop your knowledge and skills, and contribute to the enhancement of our own offerings.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated history of back-office operations experience in trade processing, settlements and reconciliation. In addition, you will need very strong analytical and organizational skills, a genuine willingness to learn, excellent communication and documentation skills, and the ability to quickly master new skills. The hours of coverage we are seeking for this role is tentatively 5:00/5:30 am to 2:00/2:30 pm ET, but may vary.
- Perform daily reconciliation of accounts with financial institutions in a time-sensitive environment
- Research and resolve data integrity issues while performing the reconciliation by communicating with the client and the data provider
- Research and resolve client inquiries in a timely manner and document issues and resolution
- Communicate delays and/or issues both internally and to the client
- Participate in projects to improve processes and enhance the client experience
- Understand and adhere to clients’ service level agreements (SLAs)
- Financial services industry experience
- 2-3 years of experience in back-office operations
- Understanding of the trade lifecycle from execution to settlement
- Practical knowledge of reconciliation processes between accounting systems and custody/prime broker book of records
- Understanding of various financial instruments including equities, FX, derivatives, futures and options, etc. – the more diverse your knowledge, the better!
- Strong analytical, organizational, communication and documentation skills
- Corporate actions/dividend processing
- Financial statements
- Financial audits/operational due-diligence audits
To apply for this position, use the form below or send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.